Here at St Joseph’s Alstonville we maximise the learning capacity by:
- Ensuring all are involved in our school community.
- Developing a learning environment to assist all students to be successful.
- Utilising the talents of all the community
- Learning from each other.
- Providing opportunities for all to participate.
Here at St Joseph’s Alston
ville we display success through:
- Discovering the potential within.
- Using indicators of success.
- A focus on results improvement.
- Goal setting to monitor improvement.
- Communicating success.
- Being open to change our approach to ensure individuals can achieve.
Engaging, collaborative learning journey
Here at St Joseph’s Alstonville we display an engaging, collaborative learning journey through:
- All being engaged in learning together (staff, students and parents).
- Being focused on the whole child, not just the academic performance.
- Having links to preschools and establishing Junior Joeys.
- Having constant conversations about best practice through rich curriculum.
- Using modern methods like open classrooms, team approaches and inquiry learning.
- Having professional learning teams, embedded in the Contemporary Learning Framework.
- Taking up the invitation to work together(Staff, students and parents).
All members of the school community
Here at St Joseph’s Alstonville all members of the school community include:
- Staff, students and parents.
- The wider parish community.
- Parish Priest.
- Other schools eg Trinity, Woodlawn.
- Organisations and personnel in the wider community.
- Catholic Schools Office Lismore.
- Learning Assistance Program (LAP) tutors.
- Welcoming all other visitors.
Here at St Joseph’s Alstonville we display commitment through:
- Agreed expectations for consistency of standards.
- Understanding it is a partnership between home and school.
- Respect of the Catholic ethos.
- Mindfulness of our own role in 21st Century learning.
- Celebrating our commitment.
- Student ownership of their learning and behaviour.
Contributions valued and respected
Here at St Joseph’s Alstonville we display a value and respect of contributions through:
- Raising our expectations.
- Continuous and open communication.
- Listening to all stakeholders.
- Keeping all interactions positive and respectful
- Giving people a voice in many roles (PSF, class parents, volunteers, LAP volunteers, parishioners).
Christ centred, nurturing environment
Here at St Joseph’s Alstonville we display a Christ centred, nurturing environment through:
- Making Jesus Real
- Sacramental programs
- Behaviour Benchmarks of Safety, Effort, Respect & Self Responsibility
- Anti-bullying policy
- Pastoral Care Policy
- Wellbeing focus
- Seasons program
- Religious Education Key Learning Area
- Special celebrations
- Better Buddies program
- Retreat days
- Parent Assembly
- Learning Assistance Program
- Social Justice group
- Mini Vinnies
- Acts of Kindness